I’m converting this bike from and RS to an RT model, so there are some changes associated with the RT model, but the electrical system changes are limited to changes in cable lengths for the handlebar switches.
This document references other documents previously published as well as containing new material.
The idea is to consolidate information about how I install the electrical system on the bike in one place. I also include the results of my testing of the electrical system, the problems I found and how I fixed them. I hope this is helpful.
Here is the Table of Contents
- Main Harness & Handlebar Switch Wiring
- Charging System & Ignition System
- Starter Relay
- Voltage Regulator
- Fairing Sub-Harness
- Ignition Switch
- Battery Box & Battery
- Rear Brake Light Switch & Sub-Harness
- Auxiliary Power Outlet & Sub-Harness
- Tail Light, Brake Light & Rear Turn Signals & Sub-Harness
- Testing Electrical System