I show how I install the flywheel, aka, “clutch carrier”. I also show how I prepare the flywheel before installation, including
- Cleaning the guide ring,
- Polishing out the grooves in the guide ring created by the rear main seal,
- Dressing the teeth on the flywheel to remove ridges created by the starter motor gear engaging with them,
- Replacing the large o-ring in the guide ring,
- Cleaning the crankshaft bolt holes and bolts, and,
- How to center the flywheel on the bolts so the ignition timing is correct.
You can read about how I do this work here:
I also shot a short video that summarizes the work.
VIDEO: 1983 BMW R100RS Prepare and Install Flywheel