Parts have been coming in and I’m under the impression that I’ve ordered most of what I need. To date, I’ve received:
- Battery Box, strap and hardware
- Bar end mirrors
- Electronic ignition and 2-port coils
- Ignition wires
- Exhaust and mufflers
- Instrument cluster circuit board and back plate
I sent one of the carburetors to Bing International last week. See part 5. I ordered the #6 rebuild kit and Bing Carburetor maunal which I’ll receive when they return the repaired carb.
Other items I still have to get include:
- Clutch neutral switch and gaskets (leaking and bike doesn’t start in gear when the clutch is pulled in)
- Gas tank rondels
- Gas tank nuts and washers
- Cylinder head gasket (seems I only have one, not two)
I also have to decide if I am going to keep the stock seat, or get the Bushong cafe seat w/ tail cone and have that upolstered and paint it . And, I have to make the call on the R90s aftermarket fairing.
I heard back from Clem at BMW of Denver last week on the engine. The good news is it checked out fine. I was concerned the valve seats may have needed replacement, but they are doing well. I’ll need new rings, but that’s about it for engine parts as I have all the gaskets except one.
One of fins on the right cylinder head got broken [I hooked my car bumper on it a couple years ago when I was backing out of the garge … one of the lowest days I’ve had in a long time 🙁 I found a guy in Kansas, Cycle Works, that repairs them, and sent a note for a quote.
I realized that there are quite a few rennovations being done. I put together a spreadsheet of the work and then grouped the tasks by major subsystem. Finally, I organized them into a work flow that I hope will keep the work orderly and prevent forgeting tasks or having to remove what I just installed to do the next step. I was surprised by how many things are getting done. The task list will come in handy to help Branden and I coordinated.