In January, I found my next project bike, a 1983 R100RS with 83,382 miles on the odometer. The bike was build on February 9, 1983 and delivered to RPM Motorcycles in Ventura, CA on March 1, 1983.
I created a project index page where I’ll post links to the procedure write-ups as I work on the project. I’ll also post short introductory blogs for each phase of the work as I did for the 1973 R75/5 restoration project I completed on July 4, 2014.
This is the link to my initial inspection and extensive “before” photos I took.
Based on the inspection, I plan to do a major service, carburetor and petcock rebuild, and any other essential maintenance. Then I will ride the bike for a couple hundred miles so I have a baseline for how the bike runs and handles before I dive into the rebuild.
I have a 81 R100 that I am setting up to attach a Ural sidecar. It will be of great interest to follow your project. Thanks
And, one direction I might take on this build is add a sidecar as well. I’m mulling that option over and haven’t make the decision yet. Let me know how you like the Ural hack when you get that on the road.